I have just replaced my 1/2 main line through the house with 3/4 but I have 2 foot section left to upgrade. My question is, I have 3 inches of 3/4 line coming out of my water softner that has a 3/4 to 1/2 reducer on it. Should I cut right after the adapter and solder on 3/4 to 3/4 adapter and run from there or should I unsolder the existing 3/4 line from the water softner housing and repace with my new pipe. I hope this description is clear enough.