Upstairs Bathroom Addition

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Mashburn

Reaction score
I am researching using a Saniflo macerator unit in a second floor bathroom addition. My house is on a slab foundation so there is no easy way to access a large drain line. I have a 2 inch Vent pipe which runs vertical through the outside wall of my first floor kitchen and then thru the attic and out the roof. The vent pipe has a cleanout plug on the outside of the house so I removed the plug and flowed water into the hole and confirmed it will drain. Since the discharge on the macerator is 3/4 inch could I discharge into the 2 inch vent pipe in the attic?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If there was a blockage, all that s*** would get pumped into your sinks, tubs, toilets, etc. downstairs. If you ran it down and joined the drain down on the first floor, say maybe from a sink, it might work. You'd still need to run a vent for the pump - you could joint into the vent line in the attic, but not with waste.

Construct30

Reaction score
You would be turning the vent stack into a wet vent IRC says no wet venting between floors, if I understand you correctly, no for IRC/IPC.

Chris Mashburn

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Could I discharge the Saniflo macerator into a washing machine drain. Can you put a "S" trap on the washing machine drain to keep the smell below that level.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks