(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: old kitchen faucet(6" center)

Default old kitchen faucet(6" center)

I need to replace a kitchen sink faucet for my mother-in-law. It is very old(40-50 yrs) and has to be 6" center. Does anyone know where I can find one(online) that won't cost an arm and leg? She has tried some so-called professional plumbers to no avail. I am quite capable of installing it myself, I just need to know where I can find one, if it's available. Thanks for any help. Roy

Sorry looked on differrent sites and could not find any thing .

TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP MACPLUMB 777's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default 6" Center Faucet

Try a MOBLE home or R.V. supply stores they are the only ones to have a faucet that size,

****. mfg's stopped making that size for over 30 yrs ago

JERRYMAC MASTERPLUMBER

I have installed a few 6" center faucets. You should look into a delta single handle. Some come with the threaded posts that can be moved. I do know some other brands have threaded posts that you can move as needed.
    I'm just starting to work with an old friend of mine to bring solar electric and hot water systems, wind turbines, Flex Fuel Boilers, batteries, hydroponic gardening, books, pellet grills and more. Also the parts for DIY installation.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick88 View Post
    I have installed a few 6" center faucets. You should look into a delta single handle. Some come with the threaded posts that can be moved. I do know some other brands have threaded posts that you can move as needed.
    Thats right Pat I forgot about that plate.On delta faucets.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I may have to replace the sink. Thanks again, Roy