Commercial Sink/Wall Mount Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

JasonG

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to install a commercial sink and wall mount faucet in my residential home. What method should I use for running the supply lines to the faucet? The faucet has 1/2" female connections. Currently, the rough supply lines are coming up from the floor, but there is room behind the sink backsplash to run them up from behind.

Do I need to run 1/2" copper, mount it to the wall and come through the openings in the sink so that a male threaded fitting comes through the exact length? For this method, would I use standard 1/2" ball valves under the sink for shutoffs?

What I was hoping that I could do would be to setup the supply connection similar to a residential method with normal sink shutoffs and flexible stainless supply hoses. The only problem I have with this is securing the faucet to the sink. One idea that I came up with is to use 1/2" x close brass nipples to go into the faucet and then secure the faucet to the sink with a bigger washer and a lock washer (electrical supply part) from the back. Then I'll use a 1/2" brass street fitting so the connection points down to the floor to connect the flexible stainless hose. Will this work?

-Jason

JasonG

Reaction score
Where do you find your 1/2" brass nuts? I would rather use a nice brass nut than the electrical lock nut that I have.

Cland74

Reaction score
And also I don't like my electrical lock . One of my expert friend advices brass nuts for commercial style faucets .

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I use an adapter ell, a 1 1/2" or 2" brass nipple, a 1/2" trim escutcheon from the back of the sink and screw the faucet to it, then drop 1/2" copper lines down behind the sink to the water in line valves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks