Super Bowl, who is your favorite to win? 2008

Who would you like to see win the Superbowl?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Who would you like see win.
Not who you think is going to win.
Just post who you are pulling for and why.

I'm pulling for the hometown Seahawks.
I'm pulling for them, and if they lose along the way, then I will be needing reasons why I should pull for your team.
Seahawk%20Rams%2011-13-05%20-%2015.jpg

Some of the Seahawk fans in Seattle

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Gotta support the Hawks as long as they are in it. New England sure is the team to beat, but who knows. Stranger things have happened in the world of sports.

big_lo_web.jpg

Big Lo at Qwest Field

Last edited by a moderator:

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Cass knows,
I grew up with a football team that was mediocre at best.
Now they're breaking NFL all time records, the word "dynasty" is used to reference them...this is vindication.
Funny, after the first bowl win it seemed like sports media circles still didn't want to acknowledge them, even after the second...now it's a strange feeling to see my home team on top and hearing words like "unbeatable" in reference to them.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes The pats hold the Super Bowl record for being the team that lost by the most points.

They were mediocre at best, for a long time.

1199897220_9030.jpg

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would love to see Americas Team in there for the win i have been a Cowboys fan since I was a kid, but I know that the Boyz don't stand a chance against the Pats. My heart say the Boyz but the smart money bets on the Pats! They are that good!

I'm looking forward to the day the Cowboys trade their owner! He's an idiot that could screw up a... nevermind!:mad:

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
So what's the schedule?

Any monday/thursday night games or will these playoffs all be played on the weekends.

Figuring we're into the second week of january and they always have two weeks off before the superbowl to market hype products/advertising to the 9's.........

Personally it doesn't matter who wins, I just want to see football games that are hang onto your seat till the end kinda games.

No blowouts, those are no fun to watch.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
I'm sure I could regret saying this Rugged, but I agree...this past season for the Pats had a few boring games, there were a few "edge of the seat" ones too.
Win, lose or draw, I agree in full...nothing compares to the suspense of a great football game.

BAPlumber

Plumber
Reaction score
I would love to see Americas Team in there for the win i have been a Cowboys fan since I was a kid, but I know that the Boyz don't stand a chance against the Pats. My heart say the Boyz but the smart money bets on the Pats! They are that good!

I'm looking forward to the day the Cowboys trade their owner! He's an idiot that could screw up a... nevermind!:mad:

America's team? I grew up with the Seahawks as the only team with any relevance. After this Saturday, Romo will be investing in stick-um.

seagals_snow_web.jpg

Seagals in the snow

TonyKarns

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
tonysprofessionalremodeling.com
Green Bay all the way!

I hate to say this but only people from Texas consider the cowboys america's team. The Patriots are lucky they are not disqualified from the play offs when they got caught cheating. The real American team is the Green Bay Packers. Steeped in tradition, owned by the people and a team with good midwestern values. It is a young team that has come a long way, as a team, with the leader of the Pack and who also is sportsman of the year. You will not find a better human being than Brett Favre. That includes his wife and both of them do more for those in need than anyone else I know of. Hope this helps Terry to make up his mind on who to vote for when Seattle loses in Green Bay this saturday! ( I hope lol)

Tony

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
that is all true......

I hate to say this but only people from Texas consider the cowboys america's team. The Patriots are lucky they are not disqualified from the play offs when they got caught cheating. The real American team is the Green Bay Packers. Steeped in tradition, owned by the people and a team with good midwestern values. It is a young team that has come a long way, as a team, with the leader of the Pack and who also is sportsman of the year. You will not find a better human being than Brett Favre. That includes his wife and both of them do more for those in need than anyone else I know of. Hope this helps Terry to make up his mind on who to vote for when Seattle loses in Green Bay this saturday! ( I hope lol)

Tony

I could not have said it better myself.....

its sort of an ugly thing when coaches have to cover their mouths so their words are not read when they
play the Patriots....

and you got to be sure they dont have spies watching
your team practice...

they should have had some stiff penalties thrown at them....

but I guess you do what you got to do...... to win.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The coach and team were fined, this is what they got...I am guessing it wasn't worse because it was the first game...they lose wether they made it to the playoffs or not.

The National Football League has fined the New England Patriots coach, Bill Belichick, $500,000 and the team will forfeit its first-round draft pick in 2008 if it makes the playoffs, for violating league rules on Sunday when a Patriots staff member was discovered videotaping signals by New York Jets coaches during the season opener.
Also, the NFL said Thursday, the Patriots will be fined $250,000. If they fail to make the playoffs, they will forfeit their second- and third-round picks in 2008.

Last edited:

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
All things said.
For years as the Pats struggled I'd say things like "As long as they make this a good game, I'll be happy.".
Friends would sometimes make a crack like "Thats lame, I want them to win.".
I'll say this...
As long as the Pats make the playoff games good ones, I'll be happy.
Belechick didn't need the edge when he pulled that stunt, certainly not with the team he has, he paid a price for it.
Tomorrow night, 8pm..Jaguars..as long as it's a good game, I'm happy.

Canton

Plumber
Reaction score
Superbowl winners

I've personally always liked the underdog. So when the Pats beat the "Greatest show on turf" for their 1st Superbowl victory it was special.
I live in Ma. and naturally want the Pats to win but it won't feel the same as before. I think that Jacksonville presents their biggest challenge, after that I don't think anyone can stop them. If Indy was playing at home...maybe.
As far as the N.F.C I like the way the Giants look right now. Seattle is pretty damn good as well, but Alexander isn't what he used to be, I'd play Morris. I think G.B gets the nod.
The Pats get revenge against Green Bay for the beating they took in 86 when Parcells let them down.
Pats win 35 -17 in the superbowl over Green Bay.
If an underdog comes forward I won't be disappointed.

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
I really don't care who wins the game but my wife would love for her packers to prevail...
She is from Wisconsin and is a real Packer freak....LOL
Her lic plate is "CHSHEAD" and her car is a bright yellow brick...LOL

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Welp, I was hoping Seattle would make..so be it.
Sitting here waiting for the Pats now....nails'll be gone tonight I bet...Jaguars are a good team.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks