(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Faucet choices for a Duravit sink

Default Faucet choices for a Duravit sink

I'm interested in the Duravit 1930 Collection pedestal sink. The website says that the holes are specifically drilled for Grohe faucets. Does anyone know if it's possible to put other brands in that sink? Isn't the size of the faucet holes a standard size?

Thanks!

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Most will probably work. What I did find when I installed one for my mother was that the hole on the bottom was a bit larger than a stock US sink, and while I got the thing to seal, if you got a little tigher, it would just slide up into the bottom.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Are you talking about the drain hole or one of the faucet holes?

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Assembling the drain. Note, a "stock" hole for a single handle faucet is typically 1-3/8" on a US sink. Separate handles and spout might have different sized holes. My guess is that the hole is in this range. Their spec sheet should say what size the hole is. Compare that with the norm. The installation instructions for a faucet usually gives a range of size for the hole that will work.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014