(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: TOTO Drake Review

Default TOTO Drake Review

I purchased a TOTO Drake C744SL about 7 months ago based on your website reviews. I was replacing an old Kohler 6.5 gallon flush toilet as part of my bathroom remodel job. While the flush is no problem, the rinsing leaves a lot to be desired. We now have to leave a toilet brush out on the side. Is this because of the combination of a 1.6 gal bowl and 9.5” x 8” water line? I know I am comparing this to my old 7 gallon toilet. I wonder if all 1.6 gal flush units are comparable to this.
    My other bathroom remodel will probably have a toilet with a larger water line. I believe I need to focus more on the best rinse job instead of the flush.

Drake Pepper Test
    Last edited by Reader Review; 09-05-2009 at 04:38 PM.

It is about the only drawback of the 1.6gpf super toilets... I'll take an easy to brush skidmark over a clogged toilet anyday! Somehow 1/2 the water just doesn't get a great bowl washdown. There are some Toto model with the cyclone flush that concentrate more on bowl wast and less on the flush. They still flush good though.

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek Mikey's Avatar

I've only seen one skidmark on my Drakes in the 2+ years they've been in service. Maybe you need a diet change?

Redwood: "I'll take an easy to brush skidmark over a clogged toilet anyday!" You've got that right!!! Any toilet (even my 7-gallon washdown toilets that you don't like LOL ) can leave "skidmarks" (or splatters). Someone on this forum keeps a bottle a bottle of bleach in the bathroom to use along with the brush for a quick cleanup. I have adopted the same practice, and both my "antique" and my TOTO were given the bleach and brush treatment today.

Mikey: "Maybe you need a diet change? " You are right on as well!! Diet and one's physical makeup can definitely cause this problem. Unfortunately, I inherited miserable bowels that have at times made my life a living h... , and have ruined what should have been many good times for me. I have found that a teaspoon of "Psyllium Hydrophilic Mucilloid" in my orange juice helps a lot, for me, and believe it or not eliminates the skidmarks in the toilet. (Sanigloss for the bowels????)

achutch