Shower Door

Users who are viewing this thread

rhildreth

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am just completing our master bath remodel. All has gone pretty well with exception to the shower door. I have twice tried to attach the base of the shower door frame/track to the tub and both times it has come loose. What else can I use to attach this base to the porcelain tub? I have tried a small bead of silicone. When that failed I tried liquid nail and now that has failed too. What else can I use? When I took the old shower door base off there was a VERY stick putty every 6 inches or so. Does anyone know what this putty is or have any other ideas? I did not scruff the surface before I put the Liquid Nail should I have done this? What about 2 or 3 screws through the porcelain in addition to the liquid nail? The tube does have a very slight bow to it but only about 1/8 inch.

Thanks
Royce
rhildreth@hildrethmedia.com

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
I believe it is DuPont that makes an adhesive-sealer called "PL5200", and that stuff will do the job. You should be able to find it from a dealer of marine products or supplies. Online, try "West Marine". For boaters, PL5200 is about the equivelent of the adhesives land-lubbers use to attach and seal windshields onto car bodies. It can even by successfully applied underwater!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks