Envirotech ESI-2000 service manual

Users who are viewing this thread

jroymd

Reaction score
I have two Envirotech ESI-2000 electric tankless water heaters (28KW), one of which has recently started to malfunction after 4 years. Specifically, the overtemperature cutout breaker keeps tripping, not allowing the heating element relays to be activated (energized). The cutout can be reset, but it trips a few days later. I cannot locate a wiring diagram or service manual anywhere. An internet search yields nothing. I have checked the obvious things. Power inputs are all active, no clogged filters, and I replaced the flow sensor (since I happen to have 2 extras).

I am aware that Envirotech Systems Worldwide, Inc. has ceased to exist due to contractural lawsuits and has been bought out (or reformed) by Skye International, Inc. Unfortunately, the latter does not wish to support this product. I am surprised that an internet search has revealed zero results. I know the company is out of business, but it is as if all references to almost any information about this unit have been erased from the planet. I can get a schematic for a thirty year old television, immigration records from 1918; why can't I find any service information on the Envirotech ESI-2000?

Last edited:

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
I am aware that Envirotech Systems Worldwide, Inc. has ceased to exist due to contractural lawsuits and has been bought out (or reformed) by Skye International, Inc. Unfortunately, the latter does not wish to support this product.

Looks like he already tried that route

joe_rogers1

Reaction score
Envirotech Sytems ESI Flow Sensor

My flow sensor on my ESI-2000 tankless water heater is acting up (due to sediment I believe - I've fixed a few times by tapping on the outside of the sensor, but it is now not working so well). You mentioned you had a few spare flow sensors. Where did you get them? Do you have a part number?
Thanks - Joe

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
they are now Skye International, Inc http://sec.edgar-online.com/2006/07/11/0001199835-06-000493/Section3.asphttp://

The web page for Skye is under construction.

Very often, when companies are bought up, the former product line is left to wither on the vine. All the in-house corporate memory bank folks are let go, documents are not retained.

Try to find support at AmStd for an old eljer Titan or Aquasaver. Try to find support for an old Thermador range....that brand has been bought and sold more often than Kunte Kinte!

There used to be a little old appliance repair shop locally. He had sets of microfice cards going WAY back, and could help you track down these things sometimes. Now he is gone, and so is the microfiche, probably@

still2slow

Reaction score
Envirotech ESI-2000

Just to keep this thread going for those of us who own these wonderful (when they work!) units. Here is THE GUY for Envirotech ESI-2000 water heaters. He can supply parts, manuals, even rebuilt units. He has helped us numerous times with our two units, the oldest one being 11 years old now.

dave@highdesertconstruction.com

Good luck.

DAVIDB

Reaction score
Envirotech esi 2000 parts

I have two Envirotech ESI-2000 electric tankless water heaters (28KW), one of which has recently started to malfunction after 4 years. Specifically, the overtemperature cutout breaker keeps tripping, not allowing the heating element relays to be activated (energized). The cutout can be reset, but it trips a few days later. I cannot locate a wiring diagram or service manual anywhere. An internet search yields nothing. I have checked the obvious things. Power inputs are all active, no clogged filters, and I replaced the flow sensor (since I happen to have 2 extras).

I am aware that Envirotech Systems Worldwide, Inc. has ceased to exist due to contractural lawsuits and has been bought out (or reformed) by Skye International, Inc. Unfortunately, the latter does not wish to support this product. I am surprised that an internet search has revealed zero results. I know the company is out of business, but it is as if all references to almost any information about this unit have been erased from the planet. I can get a schematic for a thirty year old television, immigration records from 1918; why can't I find any service information on the Envirotech ESI-2000?

I AM LOOKING FOR PARTS FOR A Envirotech ESI-2000 WATER HEATER DO YOU HAVE AN OLD ONE MAYBE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SELL

rmccurdy8

Reaction score
Mine just went bad

I will probably be selling my bad one if we replace it. It looks like it has a slow leak coming from the top, any idea what that might be?

Thanks, Randy

Jwscott

Reaction score
envirotech ei 2000

dos any one have a flow sensor for a envirotech esi 2000 or know somebody who has parts or this please let me know

email - jwscott2028@yahoo.com

Just to keep this thread going for those of us who own these wonderful (when they work!) units. Here is THE GUY for Envirotech ESI-2000 water heaters. He can supply parts, manuals, even rebuilt units. He has helped us numerous times with our two units, the oldest one being 11 years old now.

dave@highdesertconstruction.com

Good luck.

paul@dallas

Reaction score
ESI 2000 Tankless Lek

24.Jan.14
Hi Randy.
It appears that my unit started to leak as well today from the top. Were you able to repair your unit or did you have to replace it? If you id repair it, would you be so kind as to let me know how you did it?
Thank you
paul@dallas
I will probably be selling my bad one if we replace it. It looks like it has a slow leak coming from the top, any idea what that might be?

Thanks, Randy

NancyR

Reaction score

NancyR

Reaction score
Mine isn't leaking but there's no hot water. Flipped the fuse and still nothing. Temp set for 220, input and output etc all say 74. Says no water going through and no electric used. But the water does go through. Any ideas? Do I call an electrician or a plumber?

Reaction score
hello everyone /I am new to forum but I have a good working esi-2000 complete with breakers and box .. I have no need for since going propane. anyone interested..it worked great the 1 yr I used it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks