(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Envirotech ESI-2000 service manual

Default Envirotech ESI-2000 service manual

I have two Envirotech ESI-2000 electric tankless water heaters (28KW), one of which has recently started to malfunction after 4 years. Specifically, the overtemperature cutout breaker keeps tripping, not allowing the heating element relays to be activated (energized). The cutout can be reset, but it trips a few days later. I cannot locate a wiring diagram or service manual anywhere. An internet search yields nothing. I have checked the obvious things. Power inputs are all active, no clogged filters, and I replaced the flow sensor (since I happen to have 2 extras).

I am aware that Envirotech Systems Worldwide, Inc. has ceased to exist due to contractural lawsuits and has been bought out (or reformed) by Skye International, Inc. Unfortunately, the latter does not wish to support this product. I am surprised that an internet search has revealed zero results. I know the company is out of business, but it is as if all references to almost any information about this unit have been erased from the planet. I can get a schematic for a thirty year old television, immigration records from 1918; why can't I find any service information on the Envirotech ESI-2000?
    Last edited by jroymd; 01-05-2008 at 05:30 PM.

they are now Skye International, Inc http://sec.edgar-online.com/2006/07/11/0001199835-06-000493/Section3.asphttp://

The web page for Skye is under construction.
    I'm just starting to work with an old friend of mine to bring solar electric and hot water systems, wind turbines, Flex Fuel Boilers, batteries, hydroponic gardening, books, pellet grills and more. Also the parts for DIY installation.

Quote Originally Posted by jroymd View Post
    I am aware that Envirotech Systems Worldwide, Inc. has ceased to exist due to contractural lawsuits and has been bought out (or reformed) by Skye International, Inc. Unfortunately, the latter does not wish to support this product.
    Looks like he already tried that route
    "The biggest regrets we have in life are the chances we never took."

Default Envirotech Sytems ESI Flow Sensor

My flow sensor on my ESI-2000 tankless water heater is acting up (due to sediment I believe - I've fixed a few times by tapping on the outside of the sensor, but it is now not working so well). You mentioned you had a few spare flow sensors. Where did you get them? Do you have a part number?
    Thanks - Joe

Default patent

have you tried looking up the patent? May help.

That would just tell you how it is built, not how to service it.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick88 View Post
    they are now Skye International, Inc http://sec.edgar-online.com/2006/07/11/0001199835-06-000493/Section3.asphttp://

The web page for Skye is under construction.

Very often, when companies are bought up, the former product line is left to wither on the vine. All the in-house corporate memory bank folks are let go, documents are not retained.

Try to find support at AmStd for an old eljer Titan or Aquasaver. Try to find support for an old Thermador range....that brand has been bought and sold more often than Kunte Kinte!

There used to be a little old appliance repair shop locally. He had sets of microfice cards going WAY back, and could help you track down these things sometimes. Now he is gone, and so is the microfiche, probably@

Default Envirotech ESI-2000

Just to keep this thread going for those of us who own these wonderful (when they work!) units. Here is THE GUY for Envirotech ESI-2000 water heaters. He can supply parts, manuals, even rebuilt units. He has helped us numerous times with our two units, the oldest one being 11 years old now.

dave@highdesertconstruction.com

Good luck.

Default Envirotech esi 2000 parts

Quote Originally Posted by jroymd View Post
    I have two Envirotech ESI-2000 electric tankless water heaters (28KW), one of which has recently started to malfunction after 4 years. Specifically, the overtemperature cutout breaker keeps tripping, not allowing the heating element relays to be activated (energized). The cutout can be reset, but it trips a few days later. I cannot locate a wiring diagram or service manual anywhere. An internet search yields nothing. I have checked the obvious things. Power inputs are all active, no clogged filters, and I replaced the flow sensor (since I happen to have 2 extras).

I am aware that Envirotech Systems Worldwide, Inc. has ceased to exist due to contractural lawsuits and has been bought out (or reformed) by Skye International, Inc. Unfortunately, the latter does not wish to support this product. I am surprised that an internet search has revealed zero results. I know the company is out of business, but it is as if all references to almost any information about this unit have been erased from the planet. I can get a schematic for a thirty year old television, immigration records from 1918; why can't I find any service information on the Envirotech ESI-2000?
    I AM LOOKING FOR PARTS FOR A Envirotech ESI-2000 WATER HEATER DO YOU HAVE AN OLD ONE MAYBE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SELL

DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR Envirotech ESI-2000 I AM LOOKING FOR PARTS FOR MINE.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDB View Post
    DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR Envirotech ESI-2000 I AM LOOKING FOR PARTS FOR MINE.

What parts are you looking for? Email sharper88@yahoo.com

Default Mine just went bad

I will probably be selling my bad one if we replace it. It looks like it has a slow leak coming from the top, any idea what that might be?

Thanks, Randy

Default envirotech ei 2000

dos any one have a flow sensor for a envirotech esi 2000 or know somebody who has parts or this please let me know

email - jwscott2028@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by still2slow View Post
    Just to keep this thread going for those of us who own these wonderful (when they work!) units. Here is THE GUY for Envirotech ESI-2000 water heaters. He can supply parts, manuals, even rebuilt units. He has helped us numerous times with our two units, the oldest one being 11 years old now.

dave@highdesertconstruction.com

Good luck.

Default ESI 2000 Tankless Lek

24.Jan.14
    Hi Randy.
    It appears that my unit started to leak as well today from the top. Were you able to repair your unit or did you have to replace it? If you id repair it, would you be so kind as to let me know how you did it?
    Thank you
    paul@dallas
    Quote Originally Posted by rmccurdy8 View Post
    I will probably be selling my bad one if we replace it. It looks like it has a slow leak coming from the top, any idea what that might be?

Thanks, Randy