Heating vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I need to add an additional heating vent in my basement. The furnace is in their,but, I get too little heat in there for me when I use my treadmill. Anyone know?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
All you might have to do is add a return duct. It's hard to push air into the room without a clear path back into the duct system on the return side - it needs to circulate. If you add a return, you'll likely see a lot more flow out of the existing duct. If that isn't enough, then add an extra outlet.

Cookie

Reaction score
I am going to call the furnace people who put my new furnace in. They were great. I should really do this for several reasons. It might help keep the upstairs warmer, too. I need to be warm during the winter months or I will get sick again, and lordy, lordy, I don't want to do that. If it is difficult or impossible to do, I have an open stairwell in the basement and was told I couldn't do a higher efficiency due to it, I will just buy a huge space heater. But, sure would be nice to have it warm even if to do the laundry. I can't even get a chill.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks