Weil McLain Ultra boilers

Users who are viewing this thread

therinnaiguy

Reaction score
Has anyone else out there experienced troubles with their boiler? So far with over 50 of these boilers that I have installed, I have experienced the following:
Lack of start-up after a power outage.
Water jacket plugs leaking.
Water dripping on blower motor shorting it out.
Igniters dissolving away to nothing.
Cast aluminum blocks cracking internally.
Broken fittings caused by over tightening at the factory.

I am going to stay clear of these boilers until Weil McLain can come up with solutions that work and start reimbursing me my lost labor fixing their design flaws.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I had considered those boilers, but the aluminum heat exchanger worried me...looks like it may have been a good idea. The local installers I talked with didn't want to install them...old-time guys, said that design was just too new. I don't always follow that; I tend to be a new thing kind of guy, within reason.

Reaction score
Weil McLain Ultra boilers: Good or Garbage?

therinnaiguy,

On https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19178, you wrote regarding my Weil McLain Ultra boiler:
"You can't blame the boiler, it's a good boiler and if installed correctly; could be saving you 10-20%."

Yet on this thread, you wrote
"I am going to stay clear of these boilers until Weil McLain can come up with solutions that work and start reimbursing me my lost labor fixing their design flaws."

Please explain this contradiction.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks