(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Case 3000 Wall Mounted Toilet

Default Case 3000 Wall Mounted Toilet

I have a home built in 1961 with two Case 3000 wall mounted toilets. One recently began leaking at the water supply valve, and upon further inspection I discovered that the toilet has several stress cracks. Does anyone have a recommendation for a suitable replacement (brand/model)?

The Case 3000 model is a bracket mount, two bolt toilet.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Terry; 10-01-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Default 3000

There is no direct replacement for the Case/Briggs 3000. To replace it you have to remove the bracket mount and revise the carrier by installing the two top bolts and then using a conventional wall mount.

Last edited by Terry; 10-16-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: added picture

Default Thanks

Thank you both for the information. That's exactly the information that I needed to know.

Again, thank you!

I also have a Case 3000 commode. It's a very nice unit. However, sixty years of hard water flow has enlarged the copper and brass internal dimensions. It now runs water like crazy. Would you have a good parts supply recommendation?

Question Briggs/Case 3000 parts or redesign?

Sixty year old WC runs constantly. Water bill is outrageous. This was a wonderful, wall hung toilet until the plumbing wore out. Is there a way to replace the fill mechanism with modern fittings/parts? If not, are reasonably priced parts available? The best price I've seen for the entire set is $200.

Default case

The ONLY time I have ever had to replace the entire fill valve was when the riser cracked. Otherwise all you need, other than the tank flush ball, is the seat, stem, and black disc.

Default Thanks, but----

Thank you for the encouragement hj; but the plunger rocks back and forth in its housing and the threads supposed to hold the diverter valve are mostly gone. I fear that sixty years of extremely hard water flowing through the brass and copper fittings in this WC has eroded some of the metal beyond repair. I have a pressure activated shut off valve in another toilet. I wonder whether one of those could be rigged to replace everything except the flush valve. I don't think water is leaking into the bowl.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Unless water is leaking onto the floor, where do you think it is flowing? Into the bowl. There are two ways for that to happen, the valve between the tank and the bowl is leaking; or, if that is good, the shutoff isn't stopping the flow and it is going out the overflow tube. If it isn't going over the overflow tube, then it's leaking elsewhere, and if it's not on the floor, it's down the bowl. Water added slowly does not raise the water level in the bowl.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Default valve

The fill valve has to have the diverter mechanism to activate the rim flushing. NOTHING else will work, and your valve may sit on a china ledge inside the tank in which case the only valve you can install is the correct one.

Default Case 3000 1965 replacement toilet

My father-in-law, Jack, who is 93 years old, has 6 tiled bathrooms in a house he built in the 60s. All of the Case 3000 8-4 wall-hung toilets (with brackets) have broken down in the last few years, and the last working one will not flush. We'd like to get replacements and have come up with the American Standard Glenwall, but it shows 4 wall mounts. The Case has 2. We've called some plumbers, but haven't found anyone who can help at this point. Do you think the Glenwall will fit? The Crane Rexmont hasn't gotten good reviews. We also found the Gerber DF-21. Another option is to buy parts and replace them, but the parts are very expensive and some of the nuts and bolts on the toilets are very old and rusted.

You have to open the wall and remove the Case upper hanger bracket. Then install the upper two bolts in the carrier to fit the Glen wall. "Broken down" and "broken" can be two different situations. The Case 3000 was one of the best toilets ever made, so if they are not broken, i.e., cracked, the parts you usually need are not that expensive.
    Last edited by hj; 10-30-2011 at 01:26 PM.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber

Hi HJ,

The toilets aren't cracked or broken, but the works inside need to be replaced. We found a parts place in Knoxville, TN, but the parts that we need come to about $500-$700. We saw another parts place - Palm Beach Plumbing, but haven't checked the prices yet. Can you recommend a good parts place. My husband Johnny can then order the parts, or if we have any luck finding a plumber who is willing to tackle the job, we'll hire him. Thanks for your help.
    Nadine.

The ONLY parts you should need are the fill valve's stem, seat, and disc, and a tank ball, although you may have to purchase them in a "kit" which has other parts you really do not need. any dealer who handles Briggs plumbing fixtures will have them or can order them.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber

Thanks again for your expert advice, HJ.
    Best,
    Nadine

I have four of the Case 3000 toliets in my house and replaced all the inside parts(very expensive) and none of the toliets will flush correctly. I have had the plumbers 2 times and they can't fix them. Has anyone actually replaced the Case 3000 with the American Standard "Glenwall?"
    Thanks,