Need help with shower leak

Users who are viewing this thread

rinlud

Reaction score
Our bathroom shower has had a slow leak for a while now. Yesterday, it became a much faster leak. My husband took off the shower head so we assume the leak is coming from the pipe itself. He also took off both knobs to tighten them inside as much as possible. The shower is still leaking just as quickly. Any ideas what the problem could be or what more we can do to troubleshoot this situation?

Thanks so much! I'm so glad to have found this site.

rinlud

Reaction score
Sorry, I guess I should have explained that the leak is coming from the showerhead after the shower is turned off.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You need to turn off the main water supply, remove the handles and disassemble the stems or cartridges inside. Replace the entire stem/cartridge or replace the rubber parts involved. If it is an older unit, there is also a seat which the washer seats to. The seat also unscrews to be replaced. If you could post a picture of the handles or under the handles, we would possibly recognize the brand and model to give more specific advice.

rinlud

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your advice. Do you think this is something my husband could do on his own or do you recommend that we call in a professional plumber?

If you you think we can do it on our own, I'd love to post a picture to see if you recognize the brand and model. Can you tell me how I do that on this BB.

Thanks again so much!
Rindi

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks