Garbage Disposal ---Arg!

Users who are viewing this thread

sinkerator

Reaction score
I peeled potatoes and put the peelings down the garbage disposal. It seems I put too many and now I have water/ peelings standing in the disposal side of the drain only. Water flows fine down the standard side. I tried tapping on the pipe connecting to the standard drain put dont know where the clog is directly. What would be the safest, cheapest, and easiest way to fix my potato peeling problem? Thanks!

sinkerator

Reaction score
Yay! New Year's dinner is now saved!

The kraut and sausage is ready.. come and get it! Now I can wash my dishes! I tried the plunger first and low and behold it worked. Thanks for the suggestions. I would love to help anyone who needed it, if only I wasnt a new home owner and dont really know many fix it problems yet. The next task is to fix a hole in the wall, scrape the acoustical popcorn from the celing and put new shingles on the roof.

Thanks again!

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
do it all the time

That should do a good job of pushing water into the dishwasher or, making an air gap geyser!

its worth a shot.....

you dont know if they even have a dishwasher....

it works about 75% of the time

or you can take everything apart under the sink

whatever they feel is the easiest way

to make it go down..

sinkerator

Reaction score
celing

Thanks for the advice on the popcorn. The previous owners installed the popcorn, he did a lot of remodeling to the house. Sad to say some of it was done poorly, but done none the less.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
stop

Now you have to find out why the disposer pulverized the peels instead of grinding them. It could have just been too much too soon, but it could also be because the grinding ring and plate are worn out.

MG

Reaction score
Potato peels are not a good thing to go down a disposal...I've lived in several places, and am yet to see a GD that handles them well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks