(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Shower diverter question

Default Shower diverter question

My tub has no shower (it is separate) but has a faucet with the ring in the bottom that you pull to divert the water to the shower. While the water was filling the tub up my kid pulled the ring on the tub faucet that diverts the water to the shower. Now it is under pressure and I can't get the ring back in. On the rest of my showers I just turn off the water and the diverter goes back to normal but that won't work here because I have no shower to relieve the pressure. I shut the water off to the house hoping it would drain but had no luck. Any suggestions appreciated. Happy New Year.

did you turn the house water off then open a few valves. (tub in question, kitchen faucet, etc) that tends to break any pressure you have built up.
    I'm just starting to work with an old friend of mine to bring solar electric and hot water systems, wind turbines, Flex Fuel Boilers, batteries, hydroponic gardening, books, pellet grills and more. Also the parts for DIY installation.

I did open a few faucets last night with no luck. After reading your post I gave it another try and opened several faucets (after turning off the supply) and it released the pressure from the tub. Patrick-Thank you for the quick help.

I would change that valve out so that type of thing doesn't happen again.
    I'm just starting to work with an old friend of mine to bring solar electric and hot water systems, wind turbines, Flex Fuel Boilers, batteries, hydroponic gardening, books, pellet grills and more. Also the parts for DIY installation.