How bad did we do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nate R

Reaction score
Wife picked out this faucet and we bought it nearly a year ago before I knew of this forum.

http://www.moen.com/products/T2449

Moen Monticello line Bath/Shower single handle faucet.

Yes, we got it at L*wes. Am I in for a lifetime of trouble with this thing or will it be fairly OK?

moen-monticello-shower-tango.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Though not the most solid valve, they're easy to service.
Good choice in hard water area's for the plastic/rubber internals

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I think you'll be pleased with it! I like Moen primarily because of their lifetime guarantee and outstanding customer service! They are the best in the industry.

I recently had a customer that as I was working on another project, he showed me a leaking Moen pull out kitchen sink faucet. It had a leaking vac breaker which I knew would be difficult to find. I told him that it had a lifetime guarantee and he should call Moen. It was builder installed 15 years earlier and he was the original homeowner. He came back about 15 minutes later and told me that I wouldn't believe what happened... He said the faucet had been discontinued, and the part was not available, they were sending him a complete new faucet.

Nate R

Reaction score
Nice!

This thought hit me today: My parents built a house in 1988 on a tight budget. Nothing fancy anywhere. But there are Moen Faucets in the bathroom sinks and tubs. And they've been fine for 20 years w/ no maintenance required on any of the 4. And I'm sure they were NOT top of Moen's line stuff. And this was in a house that raised 4 boys. We were not easy on things.

Not sure how common that is, but it does help me think better of the brand.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If any of your parents faucets develope any problems tell them to call 1-800-BUY-MOEN and Moen will send them the parts for repair. Some of their faucets must be getting hard to operate by now at least.... I recently did a new cartridge in my tub/shower valve... My wife called me the next morning thinking it was bad because it was moving so easily... :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks