Goodman furnaces

Users who are viewing this thread

Fudog

Reaction score
My neighbors furnace went out recently and he purchased a Goodman Furnace as the repairman recommended this brand over a Trane,Carrier. He told him they were built better and a certain part was stainless steel as opposed to the others. What do you think as one day I will be faced with that decision? THANKS!:confused:

Nate R

Reaction score
I've seen people disregard them because they seem to be the low cost brand. I have a Goodman GMS8 in my home. It's a bit louder than many others, which may be of concern to some. I did have one problem soon after install...The fuse holder on the circuit board was loose. Took me about 1/2 hour to track that down. Tightened it and the thing's been fine for a year+ now.

My realtor recommended the guy that put it in. The guy had put in 12 furnaces for my realtor by that time. (Realtor owned quite a few rental properties.) None of them had any problem.

It seems to me that their low cost is worth it.

therinnaiguy

Reaction score
Goodman or Badman?

For the amount of money you pay for one I guess they are ok. I continually answer service questions about them on fixya.com and askme********.com. If I were to replace my furnace and did not want to upgrade to a Trane/American Standard or Carrier unit, I would consider the Payne. It's a brand produced by Carrier (United Technologies) and utilizes many of the same parts and pieces as the high-end Carrier units. I guess they just introduced a model made by ICP (Inner City Products) that I would steer clear of for a few years.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks