Vibrating Pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

mljim

Reaction score
I need help with a vibration problem.
The system is on a well in FL. The well feeds an aeraton tank with pump #1. Pump #2 draws from this tank and feeds the system through a tee to the bladder tank and the water softner. At the end of a pump cycle with the water still turned on at any faucet within the system, a high frequency vibration starts in the pipng at the pump and runs throughout all the piping in the house. I'm sure the piping is loose in the wall in the bathroom at the shower at the far end of the house. It makes a terrible racket. The house is ~ 17 years old. Pump#2, the bladder tank, and water softner were installed new two years ago. The pump is 1hp and set at 60psi and 40psi cutoff. The system did the same thing before the aeration tank system with with a 1/2 hp pump and 30psi as the max. The piping is plastic until it enters th house where it is copper. The piping is 3/4' except at the pump and to the bladder tank.
I'm at wits end. An expansion tank installed after the softner has been propsed. Any other help would be appreciated.

mljim

Reaction score
I tried one of the solutions suggested for another vibration problem here on the forum and solved the problem. I shut of the water supply to the toilet in the bathroom with the pipes banging in the wall and the vibrations stopped. I replaced both the ballcock and the flapper and the problem appears to be cured. I never would have tried that approach on my own. Thanks to this forum and those that participate!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks