(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: How bad did we do?

Default How bad did we do?

Wife picked out this faucet and we bought it nearly a year ago before I knew of this forum.

http://www.moen.com/products/T2449

Moen Monticello line Bath/Shower single handle faucet.

Yes, we got it at L*wes. Am I in for a lifetime of trouble with this thing or will it be fairly OK?

Though not the most solid valve, they're easy to service.
    Good choice in hard water area's for the plastic/rubber internals
    "The biggest regrets we have in life are the chances we never took."

I think you'll be pleased with it! I like Moen primarily because of their lifetime guarantee and outstanding customer service! They are the best in the industry.

I recently had a customer that as I was working on another project, he showed me a leaking Moen pull out kitchen sink faucet. It had a leaking vac breaker which I knew would be difficult to find. I told him that it had a lifetime guarantee and he should call Moen. It was builder installed 15 years earlier and he was the original homeowner. He came back about 15 minutes later and told me that I wouldn't believe what happened... He said the faucet had been discontinued, and the part was not available, they were sending him a complete new faucet.

Nice!

This thought hit me today: My parents built a house in 1988 on a tight budget. Nothing fancy anywhere. But there are Moen Faucets in the bathroom sinks and tubs. And they've been fine for 20 years w/ no maintenance required on any of the 4. And I'm sure they were NOT top of Moen's line stuff. And this was in a house that raised 4 boys. We were not easy on things.

Not sure how common that is, but it does help me think better of the brand.

If any of your parents faucets develope any problems tell them to call 1-800-BUY-MOEN and Moen will send them the parts for repair. Some of their faucets must be getting hard to operate by now at least.... I recently did a new cartridge in my tub/shower valve... My wife called me the next morning thinking it was bad because it was moving so easily...