(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Lyons Tubs?

Default Lyons Tubs?

http://www.lyonsindustries.com/produ...h_3260tub.html

My wife and I saw this tub at ******* today. I had previously been looking at a Sterling tub. But I liked that this one was deeper and that the bathing basin was pretty big. Also liked the molded armrests.

Does anyone have any experience with or know anything about this brand?

I have the same tub sitting in my living room now, waiting for me to install it in the bathroom. The wife liked it for the same reasons, big, built in armrests, headrest. After pulling it out of the box, it's solid, goes all the way to the floor since it's so deep so I don't think there is room/a need for support mortar under it.

Great! I liked that about the Sterling too, the fact that it didn't need a mortar bed and went all the way to the floor.

Does it come with decent instructions? Or at least a diagram of how they want the framing to be?

yes, and we got ours at the same place you saw yours, they had a pad of rough-in directions hanging next to the tub so you can tear one off and take it home with you. I haven't opened the wall surround boxes yet.

Thanks! I'll be picking ours up this weekend along with some drywall and insulation, once I borrow a truck.

It's on sale for $20 off this week.

Livin4Real:

Do you happen to still have the rough in instructions for your Tub around? Of course, I get ready to start laying out an alcove wall and can't find my instructions for the tub, and it's pretty much a blizzard outisde. And Lyons closed 5 minutes ago until next Wednesday. :-/

Hoping you might have them handy. Otherwise I'll go to where I bought it later tonight if this snow stops.

N/M. Ended up going to M*nards and they were able to print out a copy for me.

Livin4Real: Did you install yours yet? Did you put any mortar beneath it? Great Stuff? Nothing?