Removing stains

Users who are viewing this thread

HIGHLAND

Reaction score
How can I remove old stubborn stains in a toilet bowl without hurting my septic system?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A pumice stick, usually available in the cleaning products section at the grocery store or drug store , is very effective and not harmful to the porcelain.

NLRicker

Reaction score
Stains in Drake

We are happy with the performance of our Drake but my wife complains about staining. She claims that the stains are more difficult to remove than in other toilets we've owned. In fact, the things she's tried so far have not done the job. We will try the pumice stick. Meanwhile, I'm wondering if this is a problem with the Drake surface material. Have others had this problem?

I think the low water level makes any stains a lot more obvious than they would be otherwise. (Maybe this is my wife's real issue.)

BTW, we're on Seattle water, which is pretty soft, I think.

Larry

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
CEFIONTECT option helps, if you have it. Things seem to brush off easily.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
For a while I thought my first Drake stained easily, espcially around the waterline. I tried everything except a pumice stick, but nothing seemed to help. I've come to the conclusion that it's a light problem. The design of the bowl generates a shadow in the waterline area, and in the low light of our bathrooms, it looks like a stain. Shining a 500W shop light into the bowl makes it go away, but that's not a permanent solution.

As for individual poop stains, I've only seen one that didn't go away during the flush. I can live with that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks