Immunizations

How many working in the Plumbing field gets immunizations for Hepatitis?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Well at least you got paid for at least being there. I didn't read that and thought you was turned away.

My charge is higher, over $70 which is a minimum by just hitting the driveway. You change your mind or a pump starts running again and you want to chance it's going to stay that way, you're still paying me for the trip.

If you're mad because I'm still charging even though I'm leaving after 15 minutes of discussing the situation, tough. I explain this fully over the phone.

I always leave the door open when discussing events, and like you say, people will curtail their particular situation sometimes to minimize the actual occurrence to get rock bottom over the phone. Who cares if you underbid; they take it like they stole it and feel compelled to make you own up to the price quote.

I'm running more and more repeat business in my day and it makes it so much easier on the front of discussions like these but unfortunately it's a given that we have to deal with those who are trying to use our services.

That's okay but you're going to play by my rules, not yours. So often though I get this pricing over the phone and I'm purposely destroying the ability to use it to go talk to another plumber. They're being deceptive completely in their intent so why should I care if I piss them off? I don't and that's what makes it a pleasure to send them off without anything other than wasted time on the phone with me.

It's a very hardened approach but I'm solely targeting those who are just the clutter in the closet to the business.

All the good ones, the great referrals and the "We heard you did such good work for our neighbor and we'd like you to do some work for us" kinda customer. Golden and I can't say enough how great the experience is when you get that base built up.

It's rare for me to be rushed by a customer in regards to work detail. I can probably name about 50 customers over the course of the past 5 years, all of which were spend thrifts that really were more concerned about price than quality and those are customers I really don't want. I prefer someone that's hired me for my quality and professionalism, not because I can bang a job out in 20 minutes and away I go. Pass.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Roto-Rooter practices this same technique of impulse buying/face to face price spotting, figuring the plumber is here and yes it costs more....get the problem solved and chalk it up to experience.

The only reason RR does this is because it costs them nothing. The tech goes out to quote the job and if there is no sale the gas, wear and tear on the truck, and time is lost only by the tech. They work on commission so the company loses nothing if there is no sale.

Also if the tech goes out and a stoppage is unable to be opened and he sells a dig to the customer the tech makes nothing on the dig. They have a separate dig crew.

Smellslike$tome

Plumbing Company Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.themastersplumbingco.com
The only reason RR does this is because it costs them nothing. The tech goes out to quote the job and if there is no sale the gas, wear and tear on the truck, and time is lost only by the tech. They work on commission so the company loses nothing if there is no sale.

Also if the tech goes out and a stoppage is unable to be opened and he sells a dig to the customer the tech makes nothing on the dig. They have a separate dig crew.

This is why I laughed at them when they tried to recruit me several years back. What a joke. If I recall, the percentage then was about 40% for the tech and 60% for RR.:eek::p

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks