djfmalott

Users who are viewing this thread

djfmalott

Reaction score
Hi,
we had a new well put in 3 years ago.. we have had to replace the pump this past october. we finally have water running clear...but now we are having toilet problems with the fluidmaster filling up with extremly small pebbles and then the toilet over flows because it doesn't stop filling in the tank.. Does any one have any ideas? Or who we should call? Should we contact the well drillers who are the ones that have replaced the pump?/ does it sound as though we have a rip in our casing of our well? What should we be doing or telling the well drillers. I really don't want to pay alot of more money.. Thanks for any advice.. Deb

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
I'm not a well pro but you might be able to solve this problem by installing a basic water filter. Ground water changes. One year you might have great water the next could be really bad almost undrinkable. I would have your water tested and see what you need as far as the proper filter. You should have it tested every year.

djfmalott

Reaction score
Thanks...since we have put in the new well we are not able to drink it. It is high in salt content. but we have had great pressure since the new well, until replacing the pump this past october. it took a couple months to finally have clear water( cold) the hot water was always clear. we are puzzled about the pebbles that are being caught in the fluidmaster. Do you think we need to drain both the hot water heater and the bladder to clear up any sediment that remains. All the aerators have been removed from the fawcetts and they run clear. We are going to remodel the bathroom in January but we would like to have these problems fixed before attempting the remodel job. Any suggestions of what we should be doing or looking for?? Thanks for your response...Deb

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
The hot water will seem clear because the stuff is ending up in your water heater. I would atleast install a sediment filter. Flush out your water heater well-trol tank and heating system if needed. The water filter tends to get installed after the well-trol tank and before the water heater just so you know. I would also ask on the https://terrylove.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4 the guys there will be able to help you better as far as you getting proper filters.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks