Mo-DAD (modad) septic system - general & specific questions

Users who are viewing this thread

bgpenhollo

Reaction score
We have purchased a 10 yr old home in Southern Louisiana that has a Modad septic system.

When it rains a lot, the toilets have a hard time flushing.

When we first moved in, I noted the Modad aeration pump was not working and found the ground fault breaker tripped and reset it. Back then the pump seemed to run continuously as long as it was getting electricity.

Just recently I noticed that the pump wasn't running. I checked that it was getting electricity. In doing so, I moved the pump, it ran for a minute or so and shut off. Is this normal? Could there be a problem with the pump? Is there a way to test the pump?

Could you explain how a modad is suppose to operate and where I'd find a replacement pump if I needed one as well as what the price range is on such a device?

We try to use RID-X every other month or so, does this help this type of septic system?

There are no foul smells that my wife or I have noticed.

The toilet seems to go low in the bowl and there are gurgling sounds coming from it when it is low and another toilet is flushed. This is especially noticeable when it rains hard down here. Is this normal? Would this be a toilet problem or septic problem?

Thanks,

Bert

bgpenhollo

Reaction score
Thanks

I'll check the vent with a flashlight.

Do you know much about MoDad systems?

I am not sure how a stopped vent would cause the Modad Aeration pump to become intermittent. It's possible, I guess.

Also I thought a clog vent would lead to sewer smell backing up into our house. There is no sewer smell.

Any other thoughts?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks