Ideas on pulling Rugged from that chimney

Users who are viewing this thread

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
Construct30 said:
Have you ever been snaking a clogged drain and had someone flush a toilet on the second floor, and I'm talking an old style high volume one?

Usually, it's while I'm replacing a section of 4" cast iron. It doesn't matter if you tell them not to use the plumbing - they forget.

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
I've had a lot of discussions about "hot water heaters." I always say that it heats cold water, so it's a cold water heater.

Construct30

Reaction score
Usually, it's while I'm replacing a section of 4" cast iron. It doesn't matter if you tell them not to use the plumbing - they forget.

I was looking down the "CLEANOUT THINGIE", never look down the pipe while you're snaking a plugged drain. No one was living there, it was one of the guys working with me. I sat next to him at lunch.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Well kids I'll tell you what to do with toilets...

I first flush all toilets with the stop closed then Duct/Duck Tape the seat closed, takes all of 2 min. and prevents the big problem.

They are paying for my time...so they pay for me not to get covered with...

Last edited:

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Add a recirc line to the hot water system...
The returning water is no longer cold...

Presto - a Warm water heater????

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
water heater

It is a COLD water heater up to the point where the water is hotter than the incoming water, then it becomes a WARM water heater, and finally a HOT water heater, just before it shuts off.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes, but its main function is to heat water so it is a water heater.

Most people in offices gather around the water cooler.

Construct30

Reaction score
Well kids I'll tell you what to do with toilets...

I first flush all toilets with the stop closed then Duct/Duck Tape the seat closed, takes all of 2 min. and prevents the big problem.

They are paying for my time...so they pay for me not to get covered with...

Where's the sport in that?

I love cutting into a main line and having to help a few logs along while you work. We have to cut they won't let us saddle.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Where's the sport in that?

I love cutting into a main line and having to help a few logs along while you work. We have to cut they won't let us saddle.

Then there's the "You don't use gloves when ya do that?!?!?"...yup, flip those gaskets with gloves on so you can slide the piece in...give me a holler when yer done.

Cookie

Reaction score
Um, you do get the immunizations for Hepatitis, right? Please say you do, if you don't, you should.

Cookie

Reaction score
http://www.heptrec.org/faqs.asp

I wonder if maybe, a survey could be put to a good use here asking how many plumbers do get immunized. You got to realize this disease can be spread to your loved ones.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks