Ideas on pulling Rugged from that chimney

Users who are viewing this thread

Construct30

Reaction score
Some one has to have a way of getting Rugged out of that chimney. I just wish he would quit kicking like that.

According to his posts in the HD water heater element thread he must have some vodka in there so he might be happy there at least until the vodka runs out.

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
That's good Cass, but, this is spooky! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Wow my wife is hawt!!

And I wear a wine bottle to the head nicely!

What's amazing was when I went down that chimney I was white, I came out a different nationality and thin!

Screw you Jenny Craig! I got the patented formula without your worthless rice cakes and styrofoam brownies!

The music settled me down though quite nicely.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
My solution would do it.
Put me and an engineer at the fireplace and have us debate the semantics of almost anything plumbing.
Further the effect with a honey glazed donut dangling a few feet above Rugged.
He'll be out in no time.
Unfortunately, this could have dangerous long-term effects on him psychologically.

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Tell him he's got a phone call from a customer that wants to know the price of the materials for a job and what is the lowest price Rugged is willing to do it for.

He'll be so looking forward to the chew out he'll fly out of the thing.

Tom

Cookie

Reaction score
I will send over a couple kids of mine and my boss and by the time they leave he will want more liquor and won't care he is stuck in the chimney.

Last edited:

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Best idea yet, I'll stand near him on the roof...start telling him I installed a few "cleanout thingies".
The ensuing 20 mile foot chase will be very beneficial for his health.

Construct30

Reaction score
Best idea yet, I'll stand near him on the roof...start telling him I installed a few "cleanout thingies".
The ensuing 20 mile foot chase will be very beneficial for his health.

Don't forget to wear all the appropriate safety gear if you go up on that roof or the government will get you.

I wonder if there are forms and permits for rescueing a drunk, stuck, upside down santa from a chimney?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You will notice that I went up and pulled him out.
He was starting to like it up there, but I figured
enough is enough.
Pretty soon, all the kids in the neighborhood were going to get crazy ideas, and mothers would be looking for their kids everywhere.

Hey husband, have you seen Johnny?

No, but I did see some legs sticking out of the chimney when I drove up.

Yeah, pretty soon, I would be seeing legs sticking out of chimneys everywhere and then grades would start going down.
Now I know, it's still Winter Break, but if you have kids sticking out of chimneys everywhere, then what's next?
So knowing that the foolishness had to stop, I climbed up there and pulled him out.

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
That poor old man shouldn't have been stuck in a septic tank! He should have hired a pro - we're used to getting stuck in places like that.

Construct30

Reaction score
That poor old man shouldn't have been stuck in a septic tank! He should have hired a pro - we're used to getting stuck in places like that.

Have you ever been snaking a clogged drain and had someone flush a toilet on the second floor, and I'm talking an old style high volume one?

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Tell him he's got a phone call from a customer that wants to know the price of the materials for a job and what is the lowest price Rugged is willing to do it for.

Yep, that'll get my blood boiling along with someone calling a water heater a "hot" water heater.

Did you steal it? is what I always say that gets the convo perking like coffee. Then I state that it's a water heater, not a hot water heater.

GP I would die out within a 1000 feet, have the casket ready

Cookie I like the fact that I spend time with my nieces and nephew on a limited basis now; too much and they lose all privileges like they did last year.

Cookie

Reaction score
One good thing about someone else's kids is that you can always send em home! and, I added a couple more for good measure, lol. :D

Construct30

Reaction score
Where I live you call them hot water tanks, if you call it a water heater people will tell you they don't have water heat, boiler.

I gave up when my blood pressure made the bell ding, if you can't beat them join them.

hot water heater
hot water heater
hot water heater

there there it's not THAT bad.

Need more vodka?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks