Pump will not shut off

Users who are viewing this thread

markalewis7

Reaction score
I have a 1/2 horse power jet pump that pumps water from a well to my home. The pump and well are 20 years old and have never given me much trouble until now. The darn thing wont shut off. I have replaced the pressure switch and the water tank (thinking maybe the bladder was leaking) but still it runs constantly. It hasnt taken a break in over a month. I even checked the pressure line that runs between the pump and pressure switch thinking that maybe it was clogged. (It wasnt) Now I'm lost. What else could it possibly be? We still have pleanty of water, no loss of pressure; what gives??

Mark

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
Older pumps might fail to reach a high-enough pressure to activate the pressure switch to shut down. Also, make certain the tubing/pipe to the pressure switch isn't clogged up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks