(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Kaspersky Anti Virus

Hybrid View

Default Kaspersky Anti Virus

Anyone ever heard of or used Kaspersky Anti Virus? Claims to be better and faster than Norton or Macafee. I went out on a limb and installed it. Seems OK. I guess time will tell!

I would say anything is better and faster than the big names. I have used almost every brand and I have only found 1 that is any good. Try it and see for your self http://www.free-av.com/
    Oh and get the free one.
    I'm just starting to work with an old friend of mine to bring solar electric and hot water systems, wind turbines, Flex Fuel Boilers, batteries, hydroponic gardening, books, pellet grills and more. Also the parts for DIY installation.

I did the free trial for kapersky & when it expired ti no longer works.
    Now I cant remove it to install new software.

This could be a dumb question, but did you goto add-remove programs. That will give you a list of programs that are installed on your system. If you can't remove it there then you are in trouble.

I would try as a last resort: Install a real antivirus that doesn't have a time limit http://www.free-av.com/
    I have never had any problems with this and aslong as you keep it upto date you will be fine.
    I'm just starting to work with an old friend of mine to bring solar electric and hot water systems, wind turbines, Flex Fuel Boilers, batteries, hydroponic gardening, books, pellet grills and more. Also the parts for DIY installation.

It was not in the add/remove list but i will find a way to delete it.

If it is starting up when the wintrash starts I would go into the starts menu>run program> type msconfig and select the tab that says startup and find it and uncheck it. That way it does not run when you start your system. If you install any other anti virus the new anti virus will trash your old anti virus as soon as you scan your system. That is why you can't run 2 at once (just so you know).

I would also check your programs folder in c: drive and find its folder you might find the uninstall file.

This is one of the many reasons why LINUX is BETTER.

40,000 WIN viruses in 2007. If you or any one else is not running any security you will be infected or taken over in 15sec or less.

Oh and I hope you have a happy holiday and a great new year.