Big Screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Sofa King

Reaction score
I need a 60" 1080P television. I'm know LCD is the best but a 70" Sony is 33 g's.
What shall I do? Thought of buying some crap 60" plasma at Sams Club or Costco and than returning it but those boneheads don't have 60's any more. My friend got their last Pioneer 60" plasma 1080i for $2999.99, not bad McBean.

Sofa King tired of waiting...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Costco doesn't have a television return policy where you can trade them in anymore every six months.

THE RETURN POLICY FOR TELEVISIONS, PROJECTORS, COMPUTERS, CAMERAS, CAMCORDERS, IPODS / MP3S, AND CELLULAR PHONES IS 90 DAYS FROM DATE OF PURCHASE.

I for one like this, it means they don't have to raise their prices for the rest of us to compensate for those people that would only use a television six months and then trade it in the the new, bigger, cheaper model. Which is what happens with all electronics. They are like the glass beads that bought Manhatten.
I bought my 42" VISO LCD there, and it's sharp as a tack.
My mother got the Magnavox 47" but it didn't seem as sharp.
It could be that mine is hooked up with componet cables and hers uses the HDMI cable, or that her end of town doesn't have as good a signal as where I live. I would need to set them up side by side, the same way to know for sure.

Last edited:

Sofa King

Reaction score
You are correct Terry, Sam's Club is the place for me. My buddy bought one at Sam's and like two years later they took it back. They'll take anything back, lol. They strong arm their vendors like Home Depot and Lowes iffin they wanna get on their floor they must take all returns and get full credit.
I want a 60" - 70" LCD and it aint out yet at reasonable prices but feel it will be out in a year or two.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks