Plumbing "how to" book(s)

Users who are viewing this thread

lottia

DIY Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Having almost finished my first major DWV plumbing job, I thought it might be helpful to buy or borrow from the library a good all-round book on plumbing: glossary, techniques (e.g. gluing joints, how close tolerances are needed when cutting pipe, etc.), safety (just how toxic is that glue?), and other must-know info (more basic than the plumbing code) for the DIY plumber . Any recommendations?

I've enjoyed solving the puzzle of a complicated drain system and especially appreciate the advice received from this forum over the last several days. When my daughter opens her present (a digital camera), I'll ask her to take some photos so you can see my work and the next segment of the bad "pro" plumbing job that I'm redoing. Even with a good book, I know I'll still need your advice.

l

Construct30

Reaction score
I have a cheap book that I bought that I like, Black and Decker Advanced Home Plumbing, it doesn't have everything you asked, but a good beginning and it is not too expensive. I bought it for the layouts and the pictures.

I also like The Illustrated Guide to the 2006 International Plumbing & Sewage Code, but you live close to where Terry is and he uses the UPC, I don't know if they have a book like that for UPC or not, an IRC book will do you no good, too many differences.

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score

Attachments

• IAPMO.jpg
    IAPMO.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 190
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks