second sink vent

Users who are viewing this thread

kingnus

Reaction score
I have a master bath with a 78 inch long vanity and just one sink located at the right end of the vanity. The 2.0 waste line runs to the left inside the wall to a 4.0 dia pvc pipe about 85 inches away that goes to the basment to the septic and runs straight up thru the roof as a vent. I believe it vents the sink and toilet. I would like to tie in between the present sink and the 4.0 pvc for the second sink. Will I need a new vent pipe between the two sinks or will the one 4.0 vent pipe be ok?

Construct30

Reaction score
Under the 2006 IPC a two inch pipe can run, with proper minimum slope, eight feet off a main vent stack. It must not have any rises in the pipe and must come off a T not a Y, but I believe it can only work, be code compliant, with a single fixture, so in your case, if I followed you correctly, it might be OK now if the sink is the only thing on that pipe, it is sized at 2" one size up as required, add a sink and no.

Section 906.1 and 906.2

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks