toto drake tank installation

Users who are viewing this thread

averd

Reaction score
I just installed a toto drake according to their instructions. The tank was touching on all three contact points until it filled with water and now it has leaned forward . The instructions state to place a rubber washer inside the tank and then on the outside of the tank place a metal washer and nut before you place on bowl, and then place another washer and nut after you place it on the bowl. So basically it seems to be sitting on a nut when you place it on the bowl. Your instructions on this forum does not mention this extra step. The tank is wobbly now and all nuts are tight. What am I doing wrong?

CarlH

Reaction score
The nut between the tank and the bowl should not come in contact with the bowl. If it is touching that could be causing your problem with the rocking tank because it is preventing the tank from contacting the bowl properly. Also, make sure that the are perpendicular to the floor and not off at an angle.

I should also add that the first nut that you put on the bolt should is to be hand tight plus a 1/4 turn. That is in the instructions somewhere if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Toto started supply four washers and four nuts.
You can use a set a washers and nuts and tighten to the tank, before setting the tank on the bowl.
Then, then next set of washers and nuts.
Before it's tightened down, move the tank until it sets vertical on the bowl, then tighten down evenly.
If the tank is leaning, pull the tank off and start over again.

CarlH

Reaction score
Just noticed the part about the plastic nut. I'm not sure what is up with that, but for the tank there should have been two bolts, two rubber washers, four metal nuts and four metal washers. If for some reason that you only have two metal nuts, use those to mount the tank to the bowl. Those plastic nuts probably stripped out and that is why the tank is rocking.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I didn't see plastic mentioned.
There should be a foam rubber washer covering the large 3" plastic nut.

When we install the tanks, I don't see the metal nuts on the tank touching the bowl.

averd

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Sorry rechecked the toilet fittings and the plastic was for the toilet seat. According to the instruction booklet there are 2 metal bolts, 2 rubber washers, 4 metal nuts and 4 metal washers. I'll take off the tank when my husband gets home and we'll try to place the tank again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks