Gallons per minute

Users who are viewing this thread

Siestabob

Reaction score
I have 4 sandpoint well 23'. With a 1 hp pump it can produce 15 gal. per min. for about 7 mins and then it goes down to 5 gpm. How many sprinklers can I put in one zone? What is the average run time for a zone?
Thanks
Bob

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A typical pop up sprinkler...full circle, about 3.5 GPM. Half circle = 1.75GPM

Make a trip to a landscape supply. There are many options for you in terms of lower flows.

To determine zone run time, you have to consider the head. The figure you need to know is precipitation rate, which is how many inched of water per minute fall PER SQUARE FOOT of area. Fixed sprays have higher precip rates than a lot of the rotors, so can run for shorter time.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
Design with the lower 5 gpm number, which, for a well point, would be something like two standard rotor heads from a big-box store, and a half-horsepower shallow-well jet pump could supply that amount of water.

Siestabob

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. I will check with a store about possible options. What about getting a storage tank with a pressure tank?
Thanks
Bob

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks