(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Gallons per minute

Default Gallons per minute

I have 4 sandpoint well 23'. With a 1 hp pump it can produce 15 gal. per min. for about 7 mins and then it goes down to 5 gpm. How many sprinklers can I put in one zone? What is the average run time for a zone?
    Thanks
    Bob

A typical pop up sprinkler...full circle, about 3.5 GPM. Half circle = 1.75GPM

Make a trip to a landscape supply. There are many options for you in terms of lower flows.

To determine zone run time, you have to consider the head. The figure you need to know is precipitation rate, which is how many inched of water per minute fall PER SQUARE FOOT of area. Fixed sprays have higher precip rates than a lot of the rotors, so can run for shorter time.

Design with the lower 5 gpm number, which, for a well point, would be something like two standard rotor heads from a big-box store, and a half-horsepower shallow-well jet pump could supply that amount of water.

Default Gallons per minute

Thanks for the replys. I will check with a store about possible options. What about getting a storage tank with a pressure tank?
    Thanks
    Bob