Old Fashioned Rasied tank style toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Larry4

Reaction score
Has anyone ever installed one of these? What a nightmare. Mount tank up high. connect prebent tubes from tank to toilet (must be dead on). Water supply the same. The thing I dont understand is the 1.5" drain tube from tank to toilet connects in the back of the toilet with just a rubber style bushing, simular to a shower drain style. Any movement in the tube will cause leaks. There is no mechanical seal. Push the rubber in to far it will jus go all the way in. any info will help.

TKS
LAR

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
This is a common toilet spud:

02-136.gif

You have to wonder, if the old plumbing was so good, why don't we still use it?

There is not really pressure in the tube, but there is a head of water. These are commonly connected with a rubber slip joint washer. (I don't know what it is that you have.) The only ones I've dealt with in recent years were cheapies from "renovation" companies. Personally, I don't see the attraction.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks