nuheat floor mats wire hookup

Users who are viewing this thread

KellyO

Reaction score
Hello,
I am hooking up heated floor mats, by Nuheat, with their reccommended Thermostat. Question is when running the wires, from the mat to the power hookup, Should they be run directly into the wall and up to the box or do they need to be run on the outside of the wall up to the powersource? If the latter, how does one enclose the box? Is there a cover plate that will work? KellyO

480sparky

In the Trades
Reaction score
You notch the bottom plate of the wall, then run the wires inside the wall to the t'stat box. There should be a metal plate to install along the bottom plate to protect the wiring from nails, screws, etc.

I cannot get any of NuHeats installation instructions to download at this time.

Last edited:

Speedy Petey

Licensed Electrical Contractor
Reaction score
Typically with floor heat, the line-voltage wires need to be protected somehow as they run up the wall.

Chris75

Electrician
Reaction score
Did you read the instructions? The wires get snaked up the wall after the drywall is installed. Please read the directions.

Steven62

Reaction score
Nu Heat

I downloaded the pdf file for the Installation, and it does not show how to rough in the wiring. Go to www.suntouch.com and click the literature link on the home page. From here, go to manuals and guides, and click on elctrical rough -in. It will show a nice perspective view of a wall section and wire paths. Nu-heat is a bit different, but the basics are the same.
I hope this helps!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks