Washington DC / Virginia Toto?

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've gotten some callers wanting to know who sells Toto in the Washington DC and Virginia area.

If someone has bought there recently, can you call me at 206-949-5683 so I can pass the information along?
Thanks,
Terry Love

CarlH

Reaction score
I know you asked for a call but...

I am in the area, but did not use any local retailers. The totousa.com site does have a Find Dealer facility http://totousa.com/dealerlocator.asp that may help. I did not find one that was convenient to me though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
CarlH,
I'm more interested in the local dealers where the homeowner can drive over and pick up and inspect it.
Mail order toilets are very iffy, and I wouldn't recommend it.
Shipping porcelain on a truck is always a gamble.

CarlH

Reaction score
The Toto site did include more listings than when I first went looking for a Toto. If the dealer list supplied on the Toto site does not work out, I did find another possibility. I checked for plumbing suppliers in my town and got a hit for one that looks to carry Toto and they have a number of locations in Virginia.
http://www.vamac.com/
I will have to check them out to see for myself.

As for having one shipped, I agree it is certainly a risk. One of the risks that I was overlooking was damage may have occurred prior to final shipping to the customer. So far, I am 2 for 2 and the place that I used really did a good job of packing. They used approx. 3" of padding on all sides of the box. I attached two images showing the packaging used to ship a Drake.

If somebody does turn up with a recommended outlet for Toto in the area, I would love to find out for myself. I will be needing another toilet and other bathroom essentials for when I add a bathroom in my basement.

Attachments

• bowl.jpg
    bowl.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 716
  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 710

Lancaster

Reaction score
Thats pretty darn good packaging.Usually you just get the original Toto boxes,possibly strapped to a pallet if using common carrier..I know you pay extra to get nice packing like that and its worth it.In my experience though,the majority of distributors would not do such a good job.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks