(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: bid sheet

Default bid sheet

Does anyone know where I can find a remodeling bid sheet, or something similar?

http://www.asktooltalk.com/store/ccp...nessForms.html

I did a search and found several. I bet some places like Staples might have them or something similar maybe.

This might be a good place to point out the issue of licensed contractors. This issue is pretty "loose" in California compared to other states, but:

Here in San Diego, we recently had another round of urban wildfires. About 250 homes burned to the ground. As usually happens, a swarm of unlicensed contractors of all ilks are trying to capitalize. The state has countered with STING OPERATIONS to nab these guys. Thursday on the six oclock news, the camera captured six different guys hooked up and hauled away in the back of patrol cars. They had approached homeowners sifting through the rubble of their former home, and offered to contract to do the demolition and haul away , in prep for rebuilding. Well, that is a job over $500, and demolition requires a permit pulled by a licensed contractor. The "homeowners" were agents of the CSLB!

Jimbo, it might be better to start a new thread about this don't you maybe think?

Wildfires? Sting operations? CSLB agents? Sounded like a pretty reasonable question to me. Check out: http://www.smartbidnet.com/ This guy is a moderator? Yikes.

This was just a comment for any of our "listeners" to be on the lookout for charlatans, possibly charlatans bearing newly-downloaded bid sheets?

Default Not all states require

Not all states require a contractors license. Sounds like maybe someone from the 60's that is still on a paranoid trip.

Default Really?

Not all states require a contractors license. Sounds like maybe someone from the 60's that is still on a paranoid trip.

Which backwoods states might those be? They would require it if for no other reason than the revenue from the fees.