Tinsey leak in the bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

NurseDoe

Reaction score
My newly installed toliet always seems to have a tiny bit of water dripping down the back of the bowl. Just enough to disturb the water when I look down. In this age of ultra conservation, I just want to make sure it isn't running my water bill up. Where do I need to tighten something?

Grazzy

Reaction score
might try coloring the water in the tank to see whether it comes into the bowl. if so, your flapper is leaking slightly or your tank level could be too high and leaking into the overflow tube.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Check the flapper valve to make sure the chain isn't caught under it, or it is too short so it is holding it up slightly. Also, hold the flapper up and run your finger around the seat where it normally sets to see if there is something caught there...it should be nice and smooth. Also, a flapper works better if it is only connected to the ears, and not by a portion wrapping around the overflow tower.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
A lot of inexpensive toilets tend to come with the cheapest internal parts. I have replaced the fill valve and the flapper on many new toilets, because they leaked right off the bat.

The best flapper is the Korky Red.

NurseDoe

Reaction score
Thanks for the help!

I will check that out today, my first day off in forever. Bigger problems have come up that I will put in another post.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks