I'm adding two Burnham Baseray cast iron baseboard radiators to my basement. I've run the piping out of the framed walls since floor is of course concrete.

The plumbing supply houses here only have right angle radiator valves (intended for piping up through floor) and the valve enclosure is not deep enough to mount it in a horizontal position.

Any reason why I cannot use an alternate "regular" valve to make it fit? If so what type is best? Gate, stop, ball?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks... Phil