Delta Monitor Install...Need Help

Users who are viewing this thread

tilermike

Reaction score
I have installed a Delta Monitor 1748 series shower valve, spout and showerhead in my newly tiled bathtub surround.

The distance between the centerline of the valve and the spout is 21 inches. I now read in the directions that this distance needs to be between 8 and 18 inches.

I havent plumbed the spout(from behind) but I have already cut the hole in the tile.

Will this be a problem?? I installed the valve handle waist height so I wouldnt have to bend down to operate it.

HELP

tilermike

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I guess if your valve is 4 ft from the tub bottom then your valve and spout are well over 18 inches apart! Do you also have the pulldown diverter??

Any real difference between the pulldown and pullup diverters??

Mike

PS Im a Hoosier...Born in Bloomington Indiana, visit every chance I get and looking forward to moving back :) My entire family is there. The Sipes and Hortons.

lpennington

Reaction score
Sorry in advance for this question

I just moved into a 10 yr old home with a Delta Monitor Shower faucet [volume control lever; red/blue temp control, etc]. I see the volume control lever and the temperature control dial however I cannot figure how to turn the showerhead on!! Any guidance?

Liesel Polizzi

Reaction score
Yikes! Same problem as me!

I think I'm in the same boat!! Can't turn on the shower function to save my life!! Any solutions???

lpennington

Reaction score
Liesel Polizzi said:
I think I'm in the same boat!! Can't turn on the shower function to save my life!! Any solutions???

there's a ring that you pull down near the "lower faucet" spout.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
shower

The Delta Monitor is the only one I use or recommend. In my own showers, I install the diverter spout about a foor off the floor, and the valve at 42-45 inches up. so the pipe between them is usually about 30" long and it does not cause any backup problems with the shower head.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks