Rads dont get hot with mono valves

Users who are viewing this thread

Sprinkler

Reaction score
I have added a few new rads to my home heating system and 3 of them don't get hot. These 3 rads have new mono type valves (which means the flow and return are together connecting to one side of the rad).

Both flow and return pipes are hot going into the valve, but it seems the water just goes in the flow pipe and out the retrurn pipe without actually heating the rad.

Could it be that the shop forgot to give me a short piece of plastic tube which forces the hot water some distance inside the rad? And without this tube the hot water doesnt get inside the rad? Because I remember fitting similar valves before, but they came with a short piece of tube, about 10 cm long.
Thanks.

Sprinkler

Reaction score
I have spent ages bleeding the 3 rads individually. While Im bleeding they do get hot , but when I finish, they just return to normal, almost cold.

But my main question is: should this type of mono valve (Giacomini) come with a short piece of`plastic pipe to make the hot water actually get inside the rad? Thats the only thing I can think of because other mono valves I had installed before came with a short piece of plastic tube.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks