Honeywell Zone System Damper Question

Users who are viewing this thread

GrantK

Reaction score
I have a 3 zone system on a forced air furnace that uses Honeywell spring return damper actuators. (part#M847D1004) When one of the zones call for heat there is a constant tapping noise coming from the damper actuator, you can see the actuator "clicking" as if it's opening too far or going past a stop. Since this system is a ducted sytem you can hear the tapping all the way upstairs, it's not loud but annoying to say the least. Can these actuators be adjusted and if so does anyone know how? Or should I replace it with a new actuator? (part#M847D1012) Replacing it doesn't look too difficult to do, any insight on replacing one would be helpful also!!! Thanks!!!

Game211

Reaction score
same problem

I have the same problem what did you guys do to solve it??

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Over time the shaft bearings and the stops wear out. Replace the motor. Follow the instructions, it's a simple jop. don't mix the wires up.

Me4me

Reaction score
just fixed this issue. It clicks because the gear is stripped. You can easily take apart the motor assembly, rotate the gear to fresh teeth and it will continue working.

otherwise, replace the whole assembly. Haven’t found the gear for sale by itself... wish it was metal and not plastic. Sorry this is over a decade late, but maybe someone else will find this helpful.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks