ISE Hot Water Dispenser Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

mortimer74

Reaction score
ISE hot water dispenser tank failed after 3 years and replacing with the new stainless model that is larger. Due to a tight space, i cannot get the new tank as close to the faucet, and the tubing needs to be replaced with longer tube. There are three tubes, and i have questions about 2 of them.

ISE authorized service and ISE customer service say that the blue 1/4" tubing cannot be replaced and that i need to buy a new faucet ($180)! Does anyone have another source for this tubing? It seems similar to 1/4" poly for cold water dispensers.

The latex tubing has thicker walls than what is stocked in similar material at Home Depot. Any problems there?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The stuff may be heat sealed, or crimped on at the factory, and there's no convenient way to do a field repair. This is just a guess.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you can find a fitting that matches the tube size you should be able to splice in a piece of tubing that is rated for the temperature and pressure. If it is a cold water line you could use nylon or perhaps high pressure rated polyethylene. If it is a hot water line then you need to be careful to get properly rated fittings and tube.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tubes

The ISE unit is an atmospheric unit so the hot water has NO pressure on it. You can use John Guess slip on fittings, which is what ISE uses at the tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks