pump keeps blowing fuses

Users who are viewing this thread

Molly

Reaction score
Every time my pump (submersible) comes on, it is blowing fuses. What could be the cause of this? It is the only thing wired to the fuse box, and it has been ok for years until now.

Speedbump

Reaction score
and it has been ok for years until now.

If it has been OK for years, don't you think it may be that it is wearing out? If you are not able to troubleshoot it with a little help from someone here, you might have to call a pump man or a well driller.

bob...

Molly

Reaction score
You think the pump is bad? I was thinking it was something electrical.

Speedbump

Reaction score
In order for us to be helpful, your going to have to explain what kind of equipment you have. Pump, tank, well etc. Tell us what other things you have noticed beside just blowing fuses.

bob...

R

Rancher

You think the pump is bad? I was thinking it was something electrical.
The pump is electrical, it could be the motor on the pump has siezed, or the wire down the shaft has rubbed and shorted out, if you have an ohm meter and know how to use it we can help you trouble shoot.

1. Do you have a pump control box, which is not the pressure turn on switch.
2. You have fuses? Or circuit breakers.
3. Do you know how far down the pump is.
4. Do you know how old the pump is.

Rancher

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks