Tankless recirculation

Users who are viewing this thread

jjfta

Reaction score
GMT, thanks. The picture helps a bunch. Please see the attached. I want to make sure I completely understand the plumbing. I have labeled the pipes. Let me know if my assumptions are correct.

recircrinnai.jpg

gmt

Reaction score
That's pretty much it. Just go by the diagram (Noritz/ Rinnai) whatever and install the check valve where it says.

My advise is to stick to one of the big three manufacturers...Rinnai, Noritz or Takagi. I believe all three have somewhat similar systems

Good luck!

Rdtompki

Reaction score
If you go to the Noritz website you can pull down a pdf installation manual for one of their WH, the 69M for example. They have a diagram of an approved recirc system. I put in the tankless at the far end of the house as part of a remodel. Didnt choose to recirculate, but I have considered a Chilipepper recirc. pump or similar. Could use an X-10 outlet to control from some other point in the house. For the time being I just run the water as long as necessary; only the kitchen and laundry room are affected so this is not too critical.

If the hot water demand is large you might consider two mid-sized units like the 69M. These can be mounted in parallel and will self-control via a cable interface. I've been very happy with the unit so far (1 year). Love the constant temperature water.

Rick

drewcwsj

Reaction score
I just purchased a new construction home in Austin, Texas with a Rinnai tankless system. It has two Rinnai units mounted in the garage. There is no recirculation line. The home is 3500 square feet.

The problem is that the master bath is connected to the Rinnais with about 70' of 3/4" copper. It takes over 4 minutes to get hot water. Is there anything that can be done? I'll be meeting with the builder next week.

Last edited:

Monguila

Reaction score
For what it is wort, I have a Navien NPE series tankless, with a dedicated recirculation line. It works flawlessly. The unit has its own recirculation pump and a small buffer tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks