Chinese Faucet Water Supply Lines

Users who are viewing this thread

airstreamingypsy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm remodeling a bathroom for a friend. She bought a great looking faucet,
The Taron 101. Notice it says, it comes with all connection hoses. Well, my friend bought fancy water connections and satin nickel supply tubes because under the sink is all exposed.

Here's the problem, no one has ever seen anything like the hot and cold supply line connetions that are up in the faucet. I went to Fergusons today, hoping to find an adaptor but no joy.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. I guess I want to know if anyone has ever adapted a Chinese faucet to regular standards.

I put a picture of the connection on the web...

http://members.aol.com/airstreamin/watersupply.JPG

Help!! Please.

Hunter

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

It is not just a Chinese faucet problem. Many manufacturers have a proprietary connection into the faucet, and NONE of them can be retrofitted with any other type of connection.

airstreamingypsy

Reaction score
It is not just a Chinese faucet problem. Many manufacturers have a proprietary connection into the faucet, and NONE of them can be retrofitted with any other type of connection.

Thank you for the reply. Not good news. Seems like someone could make a fortune making adapters for these faucets.

I guess I'll find a different faucet. How do I know which ones will accept the bullnose supply tubes?

Hunter

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

They all will once you arrive at the REAL connection point which is where the manufacturer intended that you connect your supply lines to the faucet. You are trying to take a shortcut and connect directly to the faucet when the manufacturer intended that you connect to the ends of the flexible lines he provided to make your installation easier.

Sjsmithjr

In the Trades
Reaction score
I see your friend shops for plumbing fixtures at the same places my wife does. :) I've found that just about any fixture for which the ad copy says "comes with all connection hoses" will be like the one you have. In the interest of marital harmony, I look at the photo of the really nice looking fixture she has found (be it plumbing, electrical, etc.) for a really fabulous price and try to find something similar in style, that I can get parts for, for around the same price. For plumbing fixtures, that usually turns out to be something made by Price Pfister. You will also find that chrome costs a heck of a lot less than satin nickle. I think you will find that most, if not all, Price Pfister lavatory fixtures accept what you refer to as bullnose supply lines.

-sam

Bosun

Reaction score
Have you scanned the directions?

If it is a widespread faucet, they will have hoses that go from the handles to the spout/body. That's what your picture looks like. Often you will have more than one set of hoses. these days.

airstreamingypsy

Reaction score
They all will once you arrive at the REAL connection point which is where the manufacturer intended that you connect your supply lines to the faucet. >

Yeah, I know, because the satin nickel tubes look so much nicer than the flexible lines.

The good news is, my brain kicked in and I realized I can loop the flexible lines up under the counter and attach the tubes to them and only the tubes will show.

Thanks all.

Hunter

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
that Chinese Faucet

if it is from China , most likely it will begin leaking
when the substandard metals begin to corrode in it
anytime in the next few months....

When that happens, good luck getting parts...

they cant even build a Delta Faucet to specs
that wont leak from the get go---

so take some pics of the internals of the unit
and post them when it breaks down

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks