New plumbing for basement washer

Users who are viewing this thread

Al S

Engineer
Reaction score
Hello. New user to the forum

I am relocating a front loader washer to an end of the house that has no drain or waste line less than approx. 20 feet away. There is available, the end of a 3 inch line that connects to a good size dry well that is located about three feet high as it exits the foundation wall. I was hoping to connect to that. I think my options for connecting to that line correctly are few to none using the force of the machine's pump and the vertical location of the pipe that will be fed from it.

If I have to use sink/pump combination:
1- What are some diagrams that illustrate hooking this up?

2- How do I vent?

3- Can I use the trap for the sink as a primed trap?

Thanks in advance,

Al

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
You might want to look at something like this:

sse.ed25.jpg

This one is a Myers and can be found here.

It mounts alongside a utility sink, must pipe to a drain and vent through the roof. At the site, you can download a .pdf file with instructions.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Pumping directly into a drywell may not be allowed. If it is, you need to make sure you trap lint, or it will make a mess of the drywell limiting its ability to let the water percolate in.

Al S

Engineer
Reaction score
You might want to look at something like this:

sse.ed25.jpg

This one is a Myers and can be found here.

It mounts alongside a utility sink, must pipe to a drain and vent through the roof. At the site, you can download a .pdf file with instructions.
I will use the Flotec laundry tray pump and box as it looks less beastly as the one illustrated. If that's what's being suggested, what about plumbing it up to the drain line. As stated before, there is a 3 inch PVC that is coming into the foundation wall about 3 feet high. I also wanted a diagram that illustrated venting this unit.

Al S

Engineer
Reaction score
Pumping directly into a drywell may not be allowed. If it is, you need to make sure you trap lint, or it will make a mess of the drywell limiting its ability to let the water percolate in.

Drywell is being used for greywater. Some folks pump it into their yard, so I'm at least disposing of it below grade. I agree with the premise about lint. Not sure what to make about the rant about Nokia. Perhaps a different forum?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's part of my sig line, so it doesn't take up storage space. Gets more coverage here. I really object to jerks that think it is okay to ask you for your SSN when you walk in with essentially cash and want to walk out with a product. They haven't had the courtesy to respond to my note to them, until then, it stays...or I'm asked to take it off by Terry.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
It's part of my sig line, so it doesn't take up storage space. Gets more coverage here. I really object to jerks that think it is okay to ask you for your SSN when you walk in with essentially cash and want to walk out with a product. They haven't had the courtesy to respond to my note to them, until then, it stays...or I'm asked to take it off by Terry.

I see nothing wrong with your rant, but I'm not a Mod.. Most Companies have great service until they get big then they think they can do what ever they want. That is why my sig is about what it is about. I think it is a good idea to let people know what is up with what you care about.

Al S

Engineer
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with your rant, but I'm not a Mod.. Most Companies have great service until they get big then they think they can do what ever they want. That is why my sig is about what it is about. I think it is a good idea to let people know what is up with what you care about.

Fine! I see this can start to go off a cliff real soon. Are we going to debate Linux distributions too?

I just want to keep it in the context of plumbing. Specificallly, how to hook-up and vent a laundry sink pump. I thought I could get some pics from the "been there, done that" folks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks