Toilet Splash on Elongated Bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

Quigley

Reaction score
My wife is complaining that the cheap Glacier Bay toilets that our builder installed have an elongated bowl that is not deep enough in the front. This causes an uncomfortable splash in the front whenever she urinates. Is there anything on typical spec sheets that indicate the drop of the front part of the bowl? Has this ever been brought up as an issue?

Terry, do you know of any elongated toilets that you recommend that have a larger drop in the front of the bowl? Thx in advance.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Is she sitting far enough back?

I don't hear that about the product I mainly sell.
Just another reason why I sell more Toto as repeat sales.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have the Dartmouth and there is zero splash. The Drake is a similar toilet so I'm confident it would serve you well. My personal opinion is that any of the Toto's would not have the problem, but I have no experience with them. Your problem is a perfect example of why there is so much negative comments about the Big Box Stores and their products.

CarlH

Reaction score
As was mentioned previously, check seating position first. If she is used to a round front, she is probably sitting too far forward. The problem may be a combination of both seating position and bowl shape and a change in seating position may improve the situation. I would not expect this to be a problem with elongated bowls in general.

Quigley

Reaction score
She's sitting back

Is she sitting far enough back?

I don't hear that about the product I mainly sell.
Just another reason why I sell more Toto as repeat sales.

That's the first thing I asked her. She says she's sitting as far back as possible. She's 140lb at 5'8" so her size is not an issue. We've had elongated toilets at our previous two houses. She's had no problems with those in the last 12 years. It's just this particular brand in our new house.

I went ahead and ordered a Toto Drake (Part #: CST744SG#01). We'll see if that takes care of it.

Chel_in_IL

Reaction score
...I've never experienced the "splash" on any toilet I've used... sounds pretty nasty.

I hate the toilets you find at stores/restaurants with the sensors that flush automatically. Seems you have to retain an upright pose otherwise you get a douche. :mad:

Michelle in Northern IL

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Glacier Bay toilets make a great sound at the end of the high arc from the truck to the dumpster!:D

The customers usually really like their new Toto Drake!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks